Baker and Shop Assistant
About the job
We are looking for an experienced cake maker and decorator to join our team as a baker and shop assistant based initially in Leek.
Responsibilities will include
- Preparing, baking and decorating; celebration cakes, brownies, blondies, cupcakes and cheesecakes etc.
- Serving customers
- Speaking to customers about custom cake orders
- Cleaning the equipment and kitchen
- Occasionally travelling to markets to sell cakes
- Organising wedding cake tasting sessions
- Delivery including wedding cakes
- Occasional social media posting
We are looking for someone to do between 24 and 35 hours per week. Hours will fall between 9am and 5pm, Monday – Saturday.
Pay will be dependant on experience.
What we are looking for
- Passionate about baking
- Experience in cake decorating
- Experience with fondant decoration would be great but not essential as we mainly use buttercream to decorate
- Easy going and works well in a team
- Able to travel (to markets and other places of work)
- Excellent customer service
- Level 2 food hygiene desired but not essential
If you feel you would be a good fit for our team please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com